1) Celebrating Mom and Dad's 50 years of love, laughter, sorrow, joy, kids and grandkids. Words are inadequate. It was a privilege to be part of it - such amazingly beautiful people to celebrate.
2) Cruising Rocks. What other vacation brings monster glaciers to your balcony?
3) Butchart Gardens. No, really, you should go.
4) "Let's get this paaahrty started!" That was the refrain heard daily from my sister-in-law Holly. According to the DJ, she must have had several bloody mary's by 10am the morning of "name that tune". We all know that's just how she rolls and if you come along for the ride, you WILL have fun.
"The Sistas" with look alike Courtney Cox singing "We Are Family."
Love Shack, baby, Love Shack. And "Courtney" was totally eyeing my man. Understandable. He was smokin'.
Josh trying really hard to pretend he doesn't know us.
5) Awesome headgear was a hallmark of the trip.
Seeing Dad with hair was a revelation.
Steve with his kind of hot, kind of not, white trash mountain man hat.
Craig "does this even need a caption" Tingey.
My dog lovin' husband. And if you believe that I've got some free property to give you here in Virginia.
6) Alaska. Is. Idyllic.
7) FOOD, FOOD AND MORE FOOD. We didn't have to prepare it. We didn't have to clean it up. Ahhhhhhh . . . . .
Simple Salmon. The edge definitely goes to this luscious meal fed to us at Taku lodge. Wow. Wow. Wow. King salmon caught in the Taku river that day, grilled with butter and brown sugar and served up with apple compote, baked beans and herbed biscuits -- all from scratch. Is your mouth watering yet?
8) Time to talk without interruption.
Uncle Scooter regaling us with his tall tales.
Aunt Jill mugging.
9) Animal towels. Steve made fun of me but seriously, every night I looked forward to the latest towel creation left by our room steward.
10) Taku Lodge Cookies -- These cookies and this excursion were so fantastic it gets a bullet point all it's own. Really the salmon bake at Taku was life-changing :). Here was tonite's attempt to recreate a little piece of Taku heaven -- it worked: